|Like and Follow Amarillo Animal Management & Welfare on Facebook for the latest news and happenings! @animalmanagementandwelfare|
AAM&W Hosts Ordinance Changes Public Meetings
Amarillo, Texas – Amarillo Animal Management & Welfare is hosting a series of informational, public meetings regarding proposed ordinance changes. Proposed changes include changing the stray hold from three to two days, enhancing enforcement capabilities, breeder’s licenses, spay/neuter fund establishment, mandatory spay/neuters, notifications of impounded tagged animals, and intact dogs and cats at large. The meetings will be held at various Amarillo Public Library locations around the City of Amarillo on the following dates:
- Wednesday, May 23, 5 – 6 p.m., North Branch Library, 1500 N.E. 24th Ave.
- Thursday, May 24, 1-2 p.m., East Branch Library, 2232 E. 27th Ave.
- Wednesday, May 30, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Northwest Branch Library, 6100 W. 9th Ave.
- Thursday, May 31, 1-2 p.m., Southwest Branch Library, 6801 W. 45th Ave.
- Wednesday, June 6, 6 – 7 p.m., Downtown Branch Library, 413 E. 4th Ave.
Please visit http://bit.ly/2IAkzlX for more information on the proposed ordinance changes. An online survey regarding portions of the proposed changes will be available beginning Wednesday, May 23.